- You can collect the sample in a jar or plastic container that will hold at least 1-pint.
- Sterilize the container by placing it and the lid in boiling water for 10 minutes or by running them through the dishwasher cycle.
- SELECT THE BEST SOURCE. The faucet you select should not have a swivel or a mixing control.
Remove the strainer/aerator screen if there is one.
Good sources are frequently the bathroom sink or bathtub.
- DO NOT sample from a hose or a frost-free hydrant.
- Let the cold water run for 6-9 minutes before collecting the sample.
- Fill the bottle to the neck.
- Keep the sample cold (refrigerate or use a cooler) and bring it to the laboratory on ice within 24 hours.
- Please take care not to touch the inside of the bottle or lay the lid down.
Sample Drop Off
Monday: 8am – 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8am – 4:30pm
Wednesday: 8am – 4:30pm
Thursday: 8am – 4:30pm
Friday: 8am – 2:00pm